Thursday, June 26, 2014

Unconditional, Universal, Humanity...

"If my heart was made of stone you would have never known me, instead I allowed you in for a short time until it became unbearable. I under estimated the idea, the hope that what I could see would also reflect upon you creating a balance. It never occurred to me that to some, one side only remained, a way to grasp, a way to cope that this one way was so strong you would deny me the right to my reflection. That is when I turned away unwilling to compromise my truth leaving behind what once was to begin a new path. I may seem alone in the night stretching out my arms looking to the sky above me, below me grounded yet floating. Each breath reminds me I am living. I see, hear, move, and feel great gifts given. Then I smile at nothing, but survive believing that one day the sun will shine on us all. A day in which beliefs, and views no longer separate us as humans, and only then will humanity win, this is the day I wait for. It may not be in the hearts of others, but it is in mine."-Angela K. Crandall, Author

No comments: