Tuesday, June 21, 2005

First installment, Chapter One"The book"

A nice wind travels through my window into my dwelling. I look out into the cool june night, lightening flashing in the sky. Form here I see mostly cars in the parking lot of our apt building, but a beautiful moon is looking at me from above. The dark cumulus clouds move rapidly across the horizon. It looks like it's going to be quite the downpour, I smile. A nice long storm along with a good mystery novel to intrige my spirit for the evening. I open the window to smell the fresh air, it definetly smells like rain. I sit back in my blue Lazy Boy, a special directly from Goodwill put my feet up and open to page one.
It's your normal mystery book, I guess. A young girl mysteriously disappears from her home without warning. I'm trying to settle into it, but it just isn't keeping my upmost attention. I get up again to peer out the window. The rain hasn't even begun, lightening is present still. I sigh, sit back on my blue boy, and continue to read.
Sara is lost in the woods. She doesn't know why she is there, or who might be able to help her. She has been dumped by her captures, and abandon in the middle of a gale. The character, my character has to find shelter out of the cold. It's like Snowhite who finds the dwarfs to save her from the evil forest, I laugh. I must be the one the joke is played on because Sara knows how to make a shelter. She gathers up wood, and using the string in her back pack she makes a small hutch to sleep under. I set the book down, how though is she going to keep warm, find her way home, get out of this mess? How will her family ever find her? I want to put this piece of literature on the shelf, this is nothing new, nothing I haven't read before in fact I find it rather dull so why do I keep on reading? Still I continue on page by page as my roof is pelted with hail.
Waking up this morning was a bit hard, sara thought. I am so hungry how do I find food, water, and how am I to get out of this place? I must look for somone, surely there is a road around here somewhere over the rainbow. Get out a compass I think to her as I turn the page.
Sara searches for her watched, the one with the compass on it, so predictable, I think. Then begins to think about, as well as calculate which way the nearest highway could be. She didn't see her kidnappers nor know why they had even taken her. She didn't have any money, folks, or anything just Sara. Walking in the woods amongst the trees isn't so bad really, she tells herself. Then she notices her missing Jewel, a ring from her gradmother gone. Ok, I have to concentrate on home, the ring or home? A beautiful ring it had been of red Rubies with gold that grandmother always told her to keep with her. It was a heirloam not worth fortunes.
I set the book down, as my stomach growls "ok, ok some food for you. Milk and cookies will have to do. I just baked some this afternoon when it was warm sunny plus lots of good fuzzy come with it. I walk into my kitchen rather small it is, on the counter is my little bear jar filled with yummies. I grab two big chocolete chip cookies out, then get a large glass of milk. "Ok Tummy that should shut you up for a while," I think outloud.
At this point I was quite annoyed with this mystery, ready to throw it into the fire. Ha, Ha, I had no fire to throw this ever aggrevating book into. I eat my cookies while listening to the liquid rushing towards the earth.
I mean yah, Sara is just going to walk right to the highway, what else can she do? She has no radio, no cell phone, cell phones weren't even present in that day and age, I mean this book was written in the fifties for god sakes! How old would that make Sara?
I opened the book to finish, It was pretty short. I had about three chapters to go.......

No comments: